Installation errors are not a new scenario in the tech world and while you go on to install McAfee products on your Windows device you may come up with certain errors. One of the commonly faced installation errors is ‘Error code 0’. When your installation wizard displays this error code, then this means you won’t be able to carry forward the installation from that point. Either you need to cancel the installation or you may try one of the following methods.
However, the cause of the error still remains unknown but there are certain things that you may try in order to get rid of the error immediately.
Discover how you can fix the error code 0
Expectantly, one of the methods given below will resolve the installation issue on your device. Here are the solutions:
Try to install McAfee again
If you see this error message on your device, then you should try to install McAfee software once again. Make sure to follow the installation completely from the very beginning. Ensure that you remove the files from the failed installation before beginning to install the setup file once again. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue. You may also use the McAfee’s Virtual Assistant to learn how to install McAfee. Else, use the Pre-Install tool to kick start the installation.
Run the Support tools from McAfee
There is a McAfee Software Install Helper which helps you to stimulate McAfee installation on your device. You can easily download the Helper tool from the official website of McAfee and there are different tools available for different operating software. There is either a 32-bit installer or 64-installer which you can download according to your device type. You can check the version of the operating system in the ‘Properties’ section.
- First, you need to download the software install helper.
- When it gets downloaded, enter your email address and password.
- Then, click on the ‘Login’ button and then click ‘Start’.
- After that, accept the ‘License Agreement’ and follow some more prompts.
When you run the tool, the previous files will get uninstalled and the new one will install.
Use the new package
You may also try to switch the web browser for downloading McAfee on your Windows device. From this browser, you can download the McAfee Windows security product installation package. With the help of this package, you may try to install McAfee once again.
Change the DNS Settings
If no solution fails to resolve the issue, then try to change the DNS Settings. For this, follow the instructions given below:
- From the Control Panel of your device, go to ‘Network and Internet’.
- After this, go to the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- After this, click on the ‘Change Adapter Settings’.
- Then, double-click your active network card and then click ‘Properties’.
- Press the ‘Yes’ option on the ‘User Account Control’ window.
- After that, locate the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on it.
- Then, click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now, change the ‘Preferred DNS server’ settings to 188.8.131.52
- And then, change the ‘Alternate DNS server’ settings to 184.108.40.206
- In the end, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
By now, the issue would have been resolved and you may navigate to mcafee.com/activate to try installing McAfee once again.