Sometimes, even after renewing the subscription, you continue to see subscription expiry error. This is an unexpected alert that might appear on your PC and needs to be fixed immediately. The message usually appears when you haven’t activated your renewal product or it is about to expire. Other than this, it might also appear even if it is not near its expiration date.
These are the situations when the said error can occur:
- The subscription has ended a few days ago
- The subscription has expired
- McAfee antivirus protection plan is over or about to over
- Your subscription is about to end in a few days
- The trial period ends in a few days
Instructions to fix McAfee subscription expiry alert
Before you begin:
- Bookmark this article for reference purposes.
- If any programs are running in the background, then do not forget to close it.
- Save all the necessary files on which you are working currently.
- Keep your McAfee account login credentials handy.
- Ensure that your device is receiving proper internet connectivity as it is the main cause of the error.
- Having an updated McAfee subscription database is necessary.
Step 1: Verify your McAfee subscription
- Navigate to the welcome screen of your device and click on the McAfee icon.
- After this, click on the ‘Verify Subscription’ option on the next screen.
- When asked to make changes to the device, click ‘Yes’.
- Wait for the process to end and see if the correct expiration date is displayed.
- In case you see the expiration date, then the issue is resolved.
- If not, go to the next step.
Step 2: Run the McAfee Software Install Helper tool
- While downloading the said tool, you need either of the versions i.e. 32-bit version or a 64-bit version installer.
- Look for the bit information in the details regarding the operating system.
- Download the relevant tool.
- Once you download it successfully, you need to enter the email address.
- Now, enter the password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Next up, click ‘Start’ and then accept the License Agreement.
- The software will uninstall and reinstall again.
- The whole process might take 15 minutes to complete.
Step 3: Run McAfee subscription repair tool
If the above method doesn’t work, then run the McAfee subscription repair tool. For this, you need to download it from the official website mcafee.com/activate. When you download it, try running the tool and see if it runs or not. If it runs successfully, then the error is resolved.
If the error continues to appear, then you might need to contact McAfee executives to get rid of the issue.