McAfee is the first choice when it comes to choosing the premium quality security software for your data and device. It is one of the premium security antivirus solutions that come with the package including different product utilities and features. Like every security suite, it is essential to update McAfee antivirus in order to fight or build a defensive fortress against the latest malware virus invasions. However, sometimes the update does not work, the attempt to upgrade the McAfee app fails and you will get the update issues persisting on-screen be it on PC or Mac.
In order to repair the issues, you need to follow the different solutions directed in this article. So, let us start with the topic and start the basics of it. The route cause behind this error is McAfee cannot update the software. All you need to check the internet connection and if the problem continues then you need to contact the technical support. There can be many causes that can cause this McAfee update error on-screen and to discuss this issue this article presents you some of the facts. The cause is a corrupt entry in the Windows registry. The solutions for the same are given below:
Run Virtual Technician: Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the McAfee website and tap on the “McAfee Virtual technician” option via mcafee.com/activate.
- After this tap on the “Next” option to download.
- When it is prompted on-screen, just tap on the “Run” option.
- Tap on the “I Agree” to allow the MVT to scan the system.
Manually register files in the Windows registry
- You need to open the Windows registry as the “Administrator” section.
- Tap on the Windows orb and enter “cmd” in the search box.
- Right-click on the CMD and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Tap on the “Continue” option in the User account control window.
- Log in to the computer with the Administrator account.
- You have to enter the commands and tap on the “Enter option:
- cd program files
- cd mcafee
- cd msc
- cd mcsubmgr
- dir /b
- Follow the instructions and tap on the “Ok” option.
- Enter the “regsvr32 mcsubmgr.dll” and tap on the “Enter” option.
- Tap on the “Ok” option and close the command prompt window.
- After this, right tap on the M icon and select the “Check for updates” option.
Copy and pasting of register command
- You just have to tap on the “Start” option and tap on the “Run” command.
- Tap in the Windows orb and then tap in the search box.
- Just copy and paste the command “Regsvr32 /u C:\Progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcsubmgr\11,0,669,0\mcsubmgr.dll” and tap on “Enter” option.
- Just right tap on the “V lock” icon and select the option labeled as “Check for updates”.
From the above article, it is clear that there are many walkthroughs to fix the McAfee update issues on Windows and Mac operating systems. However, if you have queries related to the topic then it is recommended to visit McAfee’s official website from where you can get assistance for the related issues and concerns for the update.