It is very much important to keep your data and device secured and protected from the virus attacks and other vulnerable threats that are capable to damage your device. However, like other antivirus solutions if you follow the process to download or install McAfee antivirus then there are some errors. These errors occur in between the process of installing the antivirus solution on your device and this makes you frustrated. In this article, we will discuss some of the common errors that occur in between the installation process along with the steps to resolve the same. So, let us start the topic with no further discussions.
What are the types of errors you see while performing McAfee installation error?
- The download cannot continue- No internet connection: This error message comes on-screen when there is a problem in the network connection. This can easily cause your McAfee product installation to disconnect or fail. To fix the error you need to Wait for few minutes and then try again to download the software again.
- Unable to continue installation- Error 0: This error shows that the issues on screen are with the McAfee installer when it was unable to download a file to complete the installation. To fix this issue you need to wait for the few minutes and try to download the file again.
- McAfee installation process is taking too much time to complete: Just wait for a while and try to download the software again and if the error still persists go to the other authentic website and then download the software again and restart your PC again.
- Incompatible security software installed: There might be other security products that might block you from installing the McAfee software. To eradicate this error you need to see the list of incompatible software apps and follow the instructions on the website to remove all the incompatible software.
- Installation incomplete: Just try to install the product again and if you still cant install then you can get in touch with the customer support assistants available on the website.
- Error code 12001, 12156, or 12152: These errors do occur due to the general network problem and these problems can easily cause the download or installation to disconnect or to fail. To fix this issue just wait for a few minutes and try to download the software again and if the error still persists then try to go to the website and see that if they are slow to respond. You can also try to shut down the PC and turn off the network router and wait for some minute and turn on the router and then switch in the PC.
- The protection you’re trying to install doesn’t work on this device. Try again from the right device: This error message comes on-screen if you try to install the McAfee product on the PC with the unsupported OS. To fix this, you can check the minimum system requirements and if the OS is not supported then you need to upgrade the OS and try to install the software again.
Point to remember: You are unable to install the McAfee product until you upgrade the supported OS.
- Invalid serial number: You see this error on-screen if you have entered the wrong serial number or if the installer is unable to contact the McAfee website then you have to wait for a few minutes and then refresh the webpage or reopen the internet browser. Just carefully type the serial number and submit the details again.
There are many errors that might occur in the process of installing the McAfee software. To fix the error here are the steps that you need to consider in this article. It is very important to follow the steps in order to avoid any further interruptions. However, if you have any further queries related to the topic then you can visit the official website and get assistance for the same. The customer support assistants are available 24/7 to assist you with the best possible solution.