Everyday innumerable viruses are being created so as to keep an evil eye upon the users’ device. But security software firms including McAfee never lag behind to fight these new day threats. That is the reason why they keep rolling out updates via www.mcafee.com/activate so that new threats and viruses can be detected and removed immediately.
If you do not install these updates, it will be too late for you and your device will become vulnerable to hacking. McAfee software comes with McAfee Active Protection technology. This technology helps in the detection and blocking of viruses, spams, threats, Trojans, malware, etc.
What do you get with every McAfee update?
Whenever you install the latest updates of McAfee on your device, the scanner in your antivirus software gets updated. It’s scanning as well as the virus signature that is known as DAT gets updated with the SuperDAT update file. Your antivirus will also become less-interrupting. It also becomes faster and more efficient.
The virus, spyware, as well as malware scanning also becomes effective as soon as it notices the entry of new mates. Moreover, the update doesn’t slow down your PC. The scan will run only when your PC remains in an idle position for long.
Specifications about McAfee SuperDAT Update 9596 / 4047
You can get the detailed specifications about each McAfee update whenever you go to its Home Screen. And then, you can get this update installed in a few clicks so that the new update notification popup window doesn’t trouble you again and again. The file size of this update is 134 MB and is available for Windows Operating System. The update has been given a 4.5-star rating and till now is downloaded by over 1,344,976 users. So what are you waiting for, you should also install this update before it is too late. In the next section, we will learn the easy steps to install McAfee’s update via mcafee.com/activate.
How to install the latest update of McAfee?
- From the Home screen of McAfee, where you can see the availability of the latest update, you need to select the file that goes well with your McAfee AV version.
- Now, on your hard disk, you need to create a temporary directory or you can also create a new folder for it.
- After this, from the official website of McAfee, you need to download the XDAT file.
- Download it to the temporary directory or the folder you have created.
- Once the file gets downloaded, double-click on it to launch the update.
- Now, you will see the wizard panel.
- Follow the instructions that appear on it.
- After completing the prompts, the installer will begin and make the following changes to your PC.
- Stop the older or current DAT files from running so that new ones can be installed.
- Installs the new files to the appropriate locations.
- Restarts the necessary components that it stopped earlier so that scanning can be resumed again.
- Now, you have successfully installed the update. You can retain its file or choose to delete it.
Installing the updates via mcafee.com/activate is necessary because every update comes along with several patches and new features that are necessary for your device.
Here are a few hand-picked resources for McAfee: