McAfee, one of the biggest brands in the field of antivirus manufacturing offers its users a number of products that can be classified in different categories. These classifications are made based on the purpose they serve. Those users who need all-round protection of their devices usually opt for McAfee Total Protection which not only safeguards your devices from virus attacks but also keeps you safe while you are exploring the online world. Not only this, but you can share a single subscription with several other devices based n the type of subscription you have purchased.
But, sometimes, when you download McAfee software on your device it might fail to open. The same could happen with McAfee Total Protection 2020. Usually, on clicking on the icon of McAfee software, you are redirected to the security Centre page. But when there is an issue with the software, nothing of this sort happens. This situation annoys a user a lot because he cannot possibly remove the virus or complete the scan task. Therefore, to help you in a similar situation, I have listed down some of the possible causes behind this issue along with the troubleshooting measures.
Why is McAfee Total Protection not opening?
Once you know the reason why your McAfee software is not opening, it will become easier for you to get rid of the issue without any delay so that you can use the software once again.
- Sometimes, when your device is infected with a virus or there is malware on it, then the software installed on it might not work as expected.
- There might be the presence of damaged or corrupt files of the same software on your device.
- The Security Centre’s battery check feature might have become problematic.
Troubleshooting methods to fix the issue
The first thing you need to check is if the operating system of your device is up-to-date or not. If it is not, then users are suggested to update their operating system as soon as possible because it will fix all the minor issues with your device. Updates come with much-needed bug fixes that are necessary to install.
In case there is any third-party software present on your device, then try uninstalling them. Sometimes, third-party applications become the cause of several issues on you. After uninstalling, check if you can open McAfee Total Protection or not. If it still doesn’t open, then you must uninstall the software itself.
To uninstall McAfee Total Protection:
- First of all, click on the ‘Start’ option to open the menu.
- Now, go to the ‘Control Panel’ of your device.
- From here, navigate to the ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- From the list of installed programs, locate all the McAfee programs.
- Right-click on each one of them and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
If you are having a problem while uninstalling the software, then you may use the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Cleanup tool. Once all the products get removed, then you must go to your online account at mcafee.com/activate and re-install them.
Read Also: Fix McAfee login error that occurs unexpectedly