Sometimes it is hard to uninstall a few programs or apps as compared to others. This generally happens when you download an app but it doesn’t get downloaded alone. Adware or malware gets downloaded along with it. This malware does not allow users to uninstall the app. The same is the case with McAfee LiveSafe. Users have reportedly come across an error message saying “McAfee uninstall stuck”. But do not worry if you also wish to get rid of LiveSafe present on your device.
Therefore, if you wish to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe that came pre-installed on your device, all you need to do is follow the guidelines given in the following section carefully. But, before you do that, ensure to activate your subscription so that you can use the license without having to buy a new one.
Uninstall from the Control Panel
If your McAfee uninstall stuck halfway, ensure that you are using the right way for it. The correct method to uninstall programs from the Control Panel is as follows:
- Log in to your PC as an admin.
- Backup any data od McAfee that you want to save for future use.
- After this, click on the ‘Start’ menu and then go to the Control Panel.
- Now, click on the ‘Settings’ option and then click ‘Apps’.
- When you do this, you will see a list of installed programs on your device.
- From this list, choose McAfee LiveSafe and click ‘Uninstall’.
- In the uninstallation wizard, choose ‘Remove’ and click ‘Next’.
- Other than this, choose ‘Yes’ in the next dialog box and then click ‘Finish’.
SEE ALSO: How to Resolve the McAfee LiveSafe Update error
Use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR)
You may download and run Use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) in case McAfee LiveSafe uninstall stuck.
- Go to the official website of mcafee.com/activate and then go to the products/tools section.
- Here, locate the MCPR tool and then download it.
- When the product gets downloaded, you have to double-click on it. You may easily find this tool in the download folder.
- Click yes, continue, or run whatever you see for allowing the tool to make changes to your PC.
- When you see the removal tool screen, you need to click ‘Next’.
- Further, you need to agree to the End User License Agreement and then go to the next step.
- Complete some on-screen instructions and the tool will remove McAfee LiveSafe completely.
- When you see the removal complete message, you need to restart your device to get rid of McAfee LiveSafe completely.
In case nothing of this sort works, you may try to uninstall McAfee in Safe Mode. For further information, you may visit the official website of McAfee and go through the troubleshooting articles.