Scams and online data breach are not new to this ever-advancing world. Just a single click on a wrong link can land you in a trouble that you never thought of.
According to some recent events we got to know that Twitter accounts of some biggest personalities got hacked.
So, if you are thinking you will be spared, then it is a completely wrong perception and this you can learn from this scam.
Yes, you read that right, the Twitter account of personalities like Barak Obama, Elon Musk, and Bill Gates got hacked.
Not just that, the Twitter accounts of companies such as Apple and Uber are in the list too. This gives us an idea that how far is the reach of a hacker.
The reports indicate that these account hacking is a part of Bitcoin scam which will lead them to huge financial losses if not retrieved within time.
Hence, if you also fall prey to such scams, you should beware of several essential things in advance.
Therefore, I have compiled this article to let you know about the things you may try in case your twitter account ever gets hacked.
Doing so, will definitely spare you from any kind of loss.
Here’s what to do
When your account gets hacked, you become unable to either use or username or password for logging in.
And in another situation, you may come across scenarios where you see that some suspicious activities have been done from your account on your behalf but you haven’t done it.
In this situation,
Reset your password immediately
- First, go to the sign in page of Twitter i.e. twitter.com or the twitter app.
- After this, click on the ‘Forgot password?’ option.
- In the first blank, enter your email address/ phone number/ username.
- Now, enter the email address on which you wish to receive the password reset link or email.
- Further, navigate to that particular inbox and find an email from Twitter.
- Click on the link to reset your password.
- On the password reset page, enter the new password
- Follow some more steps to complete the process.
Quick tip- since some password links are time-sensitive, hence you should try to use this link as soon as possible. If the link doesn’t work, try sending a new one using the same method.
Get help from Twitter support
If you still require any sort of assistance, then you may need to get in touch with the technical support team of Twitter.
- You need to submit a support request.
- From the help section, choose “Hacked account”.
- You will receive instructions to retrieve your hacked account
Make sure you do not share the information related to account login credentials with anyone.
Never share your sensitive personal information on social media websites to avoid any such loss.
Also, it is suggested to change your account login password regularly and use two-factor authentication for extra security.
Reference: Helped with my hacked account