June is considered as the Internet Safety month in several places of the world because this month marks the beginning of yet another summer holidays when each of us has enough time to surf the web. But this year, the outbreak of COVID-19 has hanged different scenarios of the world. The way we used to work has completely changed upside down and no doubt it has brought so many insecurities with it. Hence, now is the time to stay alert and make ourselves aware and ready for all the vulnerabilities that could harm our data.
In this Internet safety month 2020, we should take a pledge to learn some rules by heart so that we can stay safe in the internet world. Now is the time when we are spending more hours surfing the web as we used to do in our previous time. Therefore, it has become more than important to keep a few factors in mind before you can actually go out to explore the world of the web. You can always ask certain questions to yourself such as what measures are you taking to keep the device safe, what measures are you taking to keep your family safe, and how you are treating others, people, online.
Read Also: McAfee Total Protection 2020 not opening issue
Internet security, safety, and ethics
When you know that your device is safe from all kinds of online threats, you can take a breath of sigh and surf the web without having to worry about anything. You can always equip your device with comprehensive security software such as McAfee Safe Connect that lets you connect to the networks safely. Also, you should use an Internet router that lets the devices in your house connect safely. Make sure you always keep the software updated and use strong security measures to keep them safe. Use a password manager to keep the online accounts safe and away from the prying eyes.
Internet security guidelines
- Always stay attentive about the phishing red flags by looking for the alterations in the sender’s brand name. If you receive any such messages, try not to open them or respond to them.
- Always be skeptical whenever you receive an email from a legitimate company because sometimes fake websites or senders pretend to be the legitimate ones.
- In case you receive an email asking you for login credentials confirmation, then you are advised to go directly to the company’s official website and then check if the request was from a legitimate source or not.
- Whenever you surf the web, make sure that the website is authentic and be skeptical while clicking on links. You may make use of McAfee Web Advisor as a browser extension on your device to learn about malicious websites in advance.
- Treat everyone on the internet in a good way or in the same way as you wish to be treated.
- Whenever you post anything on the internet, make sure it is positive and isn’t rude, hurtful, or fake.
Hopefully, this information loaded article has helped you taking safety measures on the internet. Make sure you do not give way to cyber-bullying or get cyber-bullied. Also, cross-check your messages before tapping on the ‘Send’ button.